Terms of website use
Other applicable terms
- My Acceptable Use Policy (see below), which sets out the permitted uses and prohibited uses of this site. When using this site, you must comply with this Acceptable Use Policy.
Changes to these terms
Please check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we made, as they are binding on you.
Changes to this site
I may update this site from time to time, and may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on this site may be out of date at any given time, and I am under no obligation to update it.
I do not guarantee that this site, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
Accessing this site
This site is made available free of charge.
I do not guarantee that this site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to this site is permitted on a temporary basis. I may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of this site without notice. I will not be liable to you if for any reason this site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to this site.
Intellectual property rights
I am the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in this site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from this site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on this site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
My status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on this site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on this site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or my licensors.
No reliance on information
The content on this site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on this site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on this site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on this site is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
Limitation of my liability
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to this site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
I will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, this site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on this site.
If you are a business user, please note that in particular, I will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user, please note that we only provide this site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use this site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
I will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of this site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
I assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on this site. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. I will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of any goods by use to you, which will be set out in my Terms and conditions of supply.
I do not guarantee that this site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access this site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse this site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to this site, the server on which this site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to this site. You must not attack this site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. I will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use this site will cease immediately.
Linking to this site
You may link to my home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage my reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on my part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to this site in any website that is not owned by you.
This site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of this site other than the home page.
I reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in my Acceptable Use Policy (see below).
If you wish to make any use of content on this site other than that set out above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Third party links and resources in this site
Where this site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only.
I have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
To contact us, please email email@example.com
Website acceptable use policy
This acceptable use policy sets out the terms between you and us under which you may access this website This acceptable use policy applies to all users of, and visitors to, this site.
Your use of this site means that you accept, and agree to abide by, all the policies in this acceptable use policy, which supplement my terms of website use.
You may use this site only for lawful purposes. You may not use this site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of this site in contravention of the provisions of my terms of website use.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of this site;
- any equipment or network on which this site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of this site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
Suspension and termination
I will determine, in my discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of this site. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use this site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to this site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as I reasonably feel is necessary.
I exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Changes to acceptable use policy
I may revise this acceptable use policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this acceptable use policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on this site.